Survey on eco-labelling in Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania and North-West Russia: special focus on Nordic eco-label Conference „Ecolabelling as an effective tool to achieve sustainable business success: Case of the Nordic Ecolabel“, December 2nd 2010, Vilnius, Lithuania
Conference “Eco-labelling as an effective tool to achieve sustainable business success: Case of the Nordic Eco-label”.
December 2, 2010, Radisson Blu Hotel Lietuva, Konstitucijos ave. 20, Vilnius, Lithuania
Consumers in the Baltic countries and in North West Russia are steadily getting more environmentally-conscious and they become interested in ecolabelled products. Environmentally friendly consumer habits and issues of sustainable development are high on the political agendas in the Baltic countries, as well as in Russia. At the same time the public and business community is still lacking information about ecolabelling. The Nordic Ecolabel (Swan) is one of the best known Nordic brands, and at the same time one of the best-known ecolabels in Europe, so experience of the Nordic Ecolabelling offices would be of immense value for the Baltic countries and North West Russia. During the project activities the target groups will be presented with information about ecolabelling, the Nordic Ecolabel, as well as further steps for application of the Nordic Ecolabel in this region will be discussed.
The main target groups of the project are officials, businesses and NGOs involved in ecolabelling, and consumption in the Baltic countries and North West Russia.
1. Survey on business awareness about ecolabelling in the Baltic countries and North West Russia.
2. Meetings of project group for representation of Nordic Ecolabel in the Baltic countries and North West Russia.
3. Presentation of Nordic Ecolabel at Business &Trade fairs & local conferences in the Baltic countries and North West Russia.
4. Seminars (workshops) about the ecolabelling in the Baltic countries and North West Russia
5. Final conference of the project.
More information about the Nordic Ecolabel: